Salve. My name is Tiana Kai M. I was born in Hawai’i and raised in Miami. In 2002, I studied abroad in Florence and now I’m back living here. There’s a whole backstory to my return, which I will share in upcoming posts. Plus, I’ll share my new plans moving forward in a world filled with carbs, wine and romance.
Reasons this blog was created
- embrace my adventures while living abroad as a married expat
- share stories and lessons learned with other expats, family and friends
- influence expats and travelers who find themselves in Florence
- dig deep into my new surroundings
- connect with other expats
My posts will divulge trials and tribulations via an American looking glass in order to uncover influences and idiosyncrasies that lay within this historic country I now call home. A culture filled with distinctive ideals, values, outlooks and style. I hope to explore and share as much as possible, plus post a few pictures, reviews and recipes along the way.
It’s good to be back!
Post comments or questions. I would love to answer and discuss.